DOT Physicals and Testing
DOT Physical Examinations
Gwinnett Urgent Care is proud to offer DOT physicals, DOT urine drug testing, and DOT alcohol breath testing. The Department of Transportation has regulations when it comes to commercial drivers licenses. All CDL drivers must pass a DOT physical examination conducted by a licensed medical examiner. These drivers must also complete drug and alcohol testing for several different reasons.
If you are an employer and wish to set up an account for your CDL employees, please give us a call or contact us via email. We are here to serve you and your employees!
Here are some FAQ's about DOT Physical Examinations:
- How much does a DOT Physical cost?
- DOT Physicals are $100
- How long are DOT physicals valid?
- DOT physicals are vaild for up to 24 months
- They can be valid for a shorter period of time depending on your medical conditions.
- Will I get a copy of the results and the examiners certificate (card)?
- Yes, Upon completion of the physcial exams, you will receive a copy of the test results.
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for my physical exam?
- Yes, an appointment is necessary. Please call or contact us to schedule your DOT physical.
- What do I need to bring with me to the physical examination?
- You must have a valid form of identification
- You must bring all of your current medications to the examination. This means that you need to bring the bottles that the medications are stored in or records from your physician.
- If you wear glasses or contacts, you must bring them to the examination.
- If you have been diagnosed with any cardiovascular disease, you must provide us with a stress test and a written note from your cardiologist stating that you are able to drive without restrictions
- Will my health insurance cover a DOT physical?
- No, your health insurance will not pay for a DOT physical exam
- You or your employer will have to pay for the exam. Please contact your employer to see if they will cover the cost.
At Gwinnett Urgent Care, we are able to handle all of your DOT testing needs. We offer DOT drug screening and DOT alcohol breath testing services. It is our job to make this process as easy as possible and get you back to work!
If you are an employer and wish to set up an account for your drivers, please give us a call or contact us via email. We would love to know how we can serve you and your employees.
There are several reasons that a driver would need testing services, and below is a list of those reasons:
- Pre-Employment: Employers must receive a negative drug test result before a CDL driver can operate a CMV.
- Post Accident: Drug and alcohol testing are required after accidents involving a commercial driver.
- Return to Duty: A commercial driver is required to pass drug and alcohol screening after they have tested positive, refused testing, or who have otherwise vilated prohibitions. The test is directly observed and is required to return to work.
- Random: CDL drivers must be randomly tested throughout the year. Your employer will set this up and send you to our facility.
- Reasonable Suspicion: Any driver who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol can be sent to us for immediate testing.
- Follow Up Testing: If a driver has tested positive, refused testing, or otherwise violated prohibitions, they are required to pass drug and alcohol testing before returning to work.